Monday, May 12, 2014

NFL Draft Review 2014

The draft is in the books and it has been a good one in my opinion. There were some ups and downs and a few surprising picks, but overall I think the new players will make their teams better. 
I'm going to grade the top 5 best picks and the worst 5 picks and then an overall review of the entire draft.

TOP 5 DRAFT GRADES
#5- Houston Texans: I didn't think that Jadeveon Clowney was the best player in the draft, but since the Texans already have JJ Watt and they added another Defensive End and a Nose Tackle to their roster, they have set themselves up for a dominate defensive line.   In the 2nd Round, they picked up a good guard for Tom Savage, their newly picked QB.

#4- Baltimore Ravens: CJ Mosley was a great underrated pick.  He comes from Alabama and he was the leader of their impressive defense.  Then they picked up Defensive Tackle Timmy Jernigan from FSU, who is definitely a person you want on your team. Then they added another FSU player, Safety Terrence Brooks.

#3- Oakland Raiders: Khalil Mack was the best Linebacker in the 2014 Draft in my opinion and I think he will deliver good performances for years to come. Derek Carr, QB from Fresno State, won't be a starter this coming season, but he offers depth to the Raiders QB lineup.

#2- Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Barr, Linebacker from UCLA, is an outstanding pick. He, without a doubt, will make the Vikings defense become a standout. The Vikings then traded up to get QB Teddy Bridgewater from Louisville. This is a position that the Vikings truly needed to fill and Bridgewater has a chance, in my opinion, to become a pro-bowler in the next couple of years.

#1- Jacksonville Jaguars: Since Jacksonville is where I live, I am really excited about their picks this year, especially QB Blake Bortles from UCF.  He has the potential to make the Jaguar's offense a great one.  You can never have a good QB if you don't have good Wide Receivers, so that's why Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson are perfect picks for the Jags. Then Runningback Storm Johnson is from the same college team as Bortles so they are already use to playing together. Then the Jags picked up Middle Linebacker Telvin Smith, a very underrated player from FSU, but I think he's more than just a 5th round pick.




(The Greenbay Packers were going to be on my Top 5 list, but I already had a lot of my chosen teams on there so I decided to leave them off.)













No comments:

Post a Comment